Switch to the dark side!
General Discussion

General Discussion

Latest Discussion
7 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
More...

Post a new topic



Just bought a new iMac - Looking for sites.

Avatar-50x50
jay_dee says:

Hey all,

As the topic says I just bought one of the new Intel iMacs. (Partly due to boot camp.)

I have tried searching but to no avail. Does anyone have any sites they can point me to about skinning a mac?

Like, XP uses visual styles, what can I do to skin my Mac awesomely?

Any help would be appreciated.

09:36 am, Sunday, April 09, 2006 (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
jet- says:

I don't know alot about skinning macs (partly because I don't own one) but here are two sites that may help you out.





(sorry not enough time to link it)

Good luck.

02:24 pm (11 years ago)
427
curre says:

Useful Mac tools:

03:16 pm (11 years ago)
545
- DioS - says:

still you cant use guikits on macintel... wait a little more :)

_________________________
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
featured artist of the week toffek
users.customize.org/toffek

04:17 pm (11 years ago)
2088
neodude says:

Damn wish i had a intel iMac to skin :(

05:03 pm (11 years ago)
419
abbaZaba says:

when I got my mac I thought I would be customizing it as much as I did my windows machine, but I found that the aqua style is not as annoying as luna. I barely even notice it and now I don't really have a desire to change it. weird.

06:48 pm (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
jay_dee says:

Thanks all! I'll keep looking into it.

11:52 pm (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
toffek says:

Check this sites:



and a great forum

Shapeshifter is one and only Mac themes changer, 99% of macthemes comes in shapeshifter format.

06:40 am (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
jay_dee says:

shit yeah, cheers mate.

09:51 am (11 years ago)
7030
mZtriZ says:

here's another good one

12:42 pm (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
LTD says:

Congratulations on your purchase. I've got an imac core duo as well. Love it. I have absolutely no desire to skin OS X Tiger. It looks damn good the way it is. And the effects are gorgeous. Finally, decent-looking screen fonts! One of the nicest effects IMHO, is when you open up an application's side drawer, like the styles drawer in Pages (iwork '06.) I'm actually enjoying work on this computer.

Shapeshifter is the standard as far as skinning your mac goes. I think CandyBar is for changing icons. No Shapeshifter version for Intel-based macs just yet, but there is one in the works.

"In a recent poll it was shown that 66% of americans feel President Bush is doing a poor job managing the war in Iraq. The other 34% of Americans believe Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church."
-- Weekend Update

01:53 am (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
-carnage- says:

Or...you could run windows on it and use some visual styles...

Happiness is a warm gun...

01:55 am (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
jay_dee says:

Cheers mZtriZ and LTD.

-carnage- I'll be running windows on it, but only for games now. So I'll prob disable everything I dont need to get the best performance I can. This would include visual styles, help services, fast user switching etc etc.

04:02 am (11 years ago)
Avatar-50x50
LTD says:

Oh wow.

05:24 pm (1 week ago)
 
   Arrow_up_small Top

Reply to this topic

You must register and become a member to post a reply.